Thursday, December 2, 2010

What it's not

It's not HIV, it's not brucellosis, it's not any type of hepatitis, nor is it any weirdo type of Lyme. My infectious disease doctor cleared me of any and all contagious diseases that may have been causing this fever, pain and agony for the past 9 months.

I guess it's a good thing in some ways. In some strange way, I was still hoping it would be some sort of disease that could be cured by a course of antibiotics. He said he is 99% sure it is Still's Disease, but that I'd have to get the official diagnosis from my rheumatoligist.

So I have an appointment with her next Thursday, and I guess all the guessing will be over. She'll give me a diagnosis, and hopefully I can start a course of treatment that will work.

It's weird to think that all of this back and fourth, up and down stuff could be over soon. The what it's will change to ares and maybe I can move onto some sort of normal life. Well, kind of normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment